Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Value of a single thinker

Descartes believes in a single person works better than a group because there is one single plan to go by. But what is the value of a single thinker? I believe the value is less chaos and does not bring up fights throughout the process of whatever people may be doing. But i also see negative effects such as only one opinion, there is not just one good opinio or idea. Not just one person's answer is right.

5 comments:

Danielle said...

I agree but I personally feel that Descarte is limiting himself if he thinks a single mind is better than a few. I understand that having a single person is definitely easier by the fact that they really is no controversey but just because Descartes' mind works better alone.. that does not say that a single person is better off

Kamilah said...

I can definately see where you're coming from as far as it being easier for someone to work alone than in a group but we all know that there is always a pro and con to doing something. When working in a group you always have someone to fall back on for support if it is needed as for when working alone that isn't present.

Sharde03 said...

I also believe not one persons opinion is right...and i feel inorder to get through things done u need someone..even if u think u can do it alone there is always a person behing that.

Codi said...

yeah i understand all your comments. For myself example sometimes i like to work on things alone bc i like them to go my way and how i want to present them but then again all different people are good at different things and if there was someone working with me i could have done better in a certain category of the job that had to be done.

Phil02 said...

I strongly agree, having more than one opinion gives you fighting chance. You can see the bad from the good in your own thoughts yet someone can. This can be useful.

Rochelle R.