Human Reason is divided into 2 different kinds- Relations of Ideas and Matters of Fact.
Relations of Ideas: The relations of ideas include science, geometry, algebra, and arithmitic.
ex- 3x5= half of 30 which is 15 --> this shows the relations between the numbers 3,5,15, ad 30.
Matters of Fact: deal with experience that has already happened. ex: that the sun is shining, that yesterday I went for a walk, or that it will rain tomorrow are all matters of fact.
There is usually no contradictions because they are things that you have experienced or have gone through already. Such as- if it is sunny out and you say it is raining; you will be proven wrong by just looking out side.
I find Hume's writings are a lot more straight foward and more easy to follow. I found it really easy to understand what Hume is saying especially in the "matters of fact" idea. I found his examples really helpful to understand what point he was trying to get through. That i explained under the explanations.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment