Sunday, February 10, 2008

Meditations 3- Descartes doubts...

In the beginning of Meditation 3 Des cartes classifys the meditators thoughts into different kinds of parts 1- ideas 2- volitions 3- emotions 4- judgements. I understand where he is coming from with these different kinds because when you think about something- you always think of "ideas" to make a situation better or maybe worst. Voilitions are the acts of making a choice at the end you have to think about your final decision. Emotions come into part with thinking about something you have to use emotions about what you feel about something. And judgements are always used to make the right decision.

2 comments:

Sharde03 said...

I agree, because when you think of something and have your own ideas it makes you feel a certain way which is your emotions towards your ideas.

Codi said...

Yeah all four of those four things go together when you are thinking about something specific or doing something. I could not think of any other way other than how i described it on my orginal post of how to connect the four different parts.