"Be that as it may, I have previously admitted many things as a wholly certain and evident that nevertheless I later discovered to be doubtful. What sort of things were these? Why, the earth, the sky, the stars, and all the other things I perceived by means of the senses."
As Im sure everyone knows by now, Descartes is constantly questioning everything. If he sees an object or has an idea anything, he somehow or another ends up being very unsure of it. He mentions the idea about the earth, sky and stars. These ideas were bought upon him. Descartes has a very hard time when he cant analyze things. I feel that Descartes completely contradicts himself. He clearly shows how he has a hard time believing in objects that are "outside of him," but the whole idea of God is never questioned.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Des cartes is very hard to understand because of his life contradictions. he needs to make up his mind on his beliefs esp. the ideas of believing in God but not the things that are proven to be real right infront of him.
Post a Comment