Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Discourse 2 Paragraph 15

2 Types of Minds????

1st mind- PPl believe that they are more than what they really are-meaning they think too highly of themselves...These are the ppl that are always in a rush and never take time out to think..which causes them to always be out of order, however they see themselves in a whole different way(they are into themselves)I think Descartes is saying these ppl who think highly of themselves and don't take time out to think will always have confusion in there lives..it will be hard for these ppl to move foward...There lives will always be a rat race!

2nd mind- These are the ppl who understand they don't know everything and don't go about pretending that they do. These are the ppl that learn from others instead of going off of there own opions...however, they are unsure of of whats the truth and whats false from what they hear from others...

3 comments:

Codi said...

Okay My opinion I think is basically the same as yours. Type 1: They think they are better. A way to describe them is some what conceited?! They are more capable and know that they are capable. They can never stick to anything. They are always changing and living a fast pace life. They are not patient enough to wait for anything. I think that is somewhat the same but i added somethings that i did not see that you had.

Type 2: They understand they are not perfect and do not know everything. But they are capable of knowing right from wrong. Definetly not stupid people!

Does anyone feel differently from the lines of Sharde and I?

Danielle said...

I agree with both of you. I would just add to the first type of person that they feel like they know everything. I feel that Descarte is almost like comparing this type of person to for example, a person that is lost and refuses to ask for direction. This type of person would rather be lost instead of taking time out to ask someone directions. They would get all worked up and aggreviated and not beable to have good judgement. This example just popped into my head while reading this paragraph over.

April said...

I think that in the two different types of minds there are the people who believe that they are more capable then they are and through that are more prone to make more mistakes. Then there are the people that allow themselves to question themselves and others. I personally think that the second group of people are better off and will become more knowledgeable then the group of the first people.